Poetry Spotlight: Jeffrey Gonell on Love



Hi, readers!  We have a real treat in store for you today, a poetry spotlight.  In these poetry spotlights today and in the future, we will be showcasing poetry by some very talented poets.  These poets have graced us with their presence.  

With us today is poet Jeffrey Gonell.  Here is a little taste of his poetry and his views on love.


I Forgive You

Girl, I need you right now, so please come back to me.
Don't be afraid, just come back and return honestly.
Sometimes we do mistakes, sometimes we slip and fall,
I'll do what it takes, to save our love, so just answer my call.
I can forgive you, yes I really can,
Let’s put this behind us, I truly understand.
Let’s give this another chance, let me hold your hand,
Let me take you out to dance, and let me be your man.

I can forgive you, if you're willing to put this behind us.
There's no reason to explain, there's no reason to make a fuss.
I can forgive you, yes I really can, if you truly want me too,
I can forgive you, if you trust me, that I won’t hold this against you.

My Baby, please do not worry, I forgive you,
My lady, please don't be sorry, I believe you.
My girl, don't go away, for I forgive you,
My world, don't run astray, I'll receive you.

Sometimes we are captured by temptations,
Being fooled to partake in false sensations.
We get clouded by phony illusions, phony deceptions,
Phony delusions, and completely false interpretations.
I have been through that, I know how it can feel,
I have been through that, one's dignity it tries to steal.
I won’t let you go down that path, no need for guilt,
Clean the dirt with my bath, and return to the castle we built.

I won’t use this as leverage, I'll never ever dare.
You were the only one, to ever love me with care.
You're the only one who has entrance, into my heart.
I forgive you, and I will never allow for us to split apart.

My Baby, please do not worry, I forgive you,
My lady, please don't be sorry, I believe you.
My girl, don't go away, for I forgive you,
My world, don't run astray, I'll receive you.

I Forgive You!



Girl Can You Please Give Me a Chance

Girl can you please give me a chance, for me to take you out on a dance,
To spend some time alone, in my home, and put you in a trance.
Girl can you please give me a chance, to make my advance,
Within your zone, so you can feel my tone, as I give you true romance.
Girl can you please give me a chance, as I take a deep glance,
Into your eyes as I get blown, by how your beauty has grown, my heart begins to prance.
Girl can you please give me a chance, to make my first lance,
In an attempt to make you moan, let it be known, I'm making those plans.

My heart is not made out of stone, so let it be shown.
The love I have for you is real and not at all a clone.
I'm not just skin and I'm not just bone, true feelings for you I truly own.
So baby I beg you to give me a chance, please don't leave me all alone.

Please don't suppress, and please don't oppress, my voice,
Unless, you don't wish to invest, in me as a choice.
I arrest, and save my best, words for you as my soul deploys,
Its finesse, in excess, for the success, hoping that our time you'll enjoy.
I obsess, to hold you on my chest, and undress, your body as I rejoice,
relieving stress, and I must confess, I truly love you without any ploys.
I hope you say yes, I'm not like the rest, I'm not another one of those boys,
Your body I can caress, and make you feel blessed, without any games without any toys.

Girl can you please give me a chance, to express my feelings with poise,
I don't offer needless noise, so you won't be annoyed.
Girl can you please give me a chance, so I could employ,
My heart to work for your happiness, if not you'll leave me destroyed.

Oh my love, please allow yourself the opportunity,
For you to hold, my heart of gold, and see its authenticity.
Oh my sweet lady let us create our unity,
Without you I feel cold, your body is my stronghold, and immunity.
Oh my love, please don't mistake my love for vulnerability,
Pain I can withhold, I have the strength to build a household, with my strength’s credibility.
Oh sweet lady allow me to introduce to you my agility,
My spirit is bold, to your beauty I'm sold, with lots of adaptability.

You know me from our community, and you know my affinity,
Allow me to uphold, and load, my love high, in the sky, with my Creativity.
Girl can you please give me a chance, just give me one moment of acceptability,
My love is old, and it will not fold, together we can fly, this is not a lie, in me you'll have strong believability.

 So girl can you please give me a chance, yes girl, please give me a chance,
I'll make you happy as you hold my heart in your hands.
Girl can you please give me a chance, and allow me to take you out for a dance.
So I can put you in a trance and give you true romance.

Girl Please Give Me a Chance!
Please!



I'll Recreate the Stars For Your Love


I'll recreate the stars for your love, and fly all the way to the heavens just to touch your face.
You are always on my mind cause, the beauty of your soul has me in a trancy daze.
When I think of you I always feel a shove, that pushes me higher to the next profound phase.
You are really an angel from high up above, I'm conquered by your mist and owned by your haze.
I'll recreate the stars for your love, and re-arrange the universe in many different ways.
There's magic in my heart with more than enough, versatility to have you wanting me in a craze.
You're sweet like a kiss precious like a dove, you're inner beauty never stops to amaze.
The only thing I'm worried of, is that these feelings for you and thoughts of you erase.

I'll recreate the stars for your love, this is real and this is true.
I'll make sure you'll feel my soul go very deep inside of you.
I'll recreate the stars for your love, we are both one and not a separate two
I promise to always make you happy and you'll never ever feel blue.

Your eyes, mesmerize, and make me realize, that I'm alive, and that this is fate.
You're so beautiful I just had to make you my mate.
Your eyes, hypnotize, and make me feel nice, you're my price, for not being late.
As soon as I saw you I knew that new stars I had to recreate.

I had to go deep within myself to find answers, like the time I received the clue,
From the full moon when it told me, I had to journey far to make you my boo.
I started my quest in order to seek your love, so to the heavens I flew.
You quickly became my queen, you conquered my heart over me you rule.

I'll recreate the stars for your love, as I did on the first date.
When I brought you to Earth and rendered you into an enlightened state.
I'll recreate the stars for your love, as I did when I walked through heaven’s gate,
To hand you my heart so you can forever harness, keep and forever take.

I'll Recreate the Stars for your Love!




  
The Day You Left

The day you left, I really did not know what to do,
As you walked out of my life, and left me feeling blue.
I never thought that this day, I would see and live.
Today I just reminisce, about the love you used to give.
Only memories of your beauty, overload my mind,
How we used to be happy, and how I always used to find,
A mythical love deep inside of you, that was so truly divine.
Remembering how I would look into your eyes, as our souls intertwined.

The day you left, I was in so much great pain,
I felt the rain, of my tears that I couldn't refrain.
The day you left, I felt so used and abused,
I couldn't refuse, to get in of front you, and try to stop you.

The day you left, I felt nothing inside,
As if I were dead, or just waiting to die.
The day you left, I felt nothing inside,
As if my life was ending and you were just saying 'goodbye'.

The day you left, my life got completely shattered,
My mind was totally battered, and my dignity scattered.
My spirit got tattered, as my heart broke and splattered,
All over the place, but to you, it did not really matter.
As you just kept on walking out through the door,
While I was on my knees, begging from the floor.
But what for? You already had made up your mind,
To completely ignore my cries and forever leave me behind.

The day you left, you did not let me caress,
Your body, nor rest, my head, on you chest.
The day you left, you were very unimpressed,
When I tried to convince you, to stay and undress.

The day you left, I felt nothing inside,
As if I were dead, or just waiting to die.
The day you left, I felt nothing inside,
As if my life was ending and you were just saying 'goodbye'.

The Day You Left



Where Did You Go Last Night

Baby, please tell me, where did you go last night?
Please tell me the truth, and please do not lie.
I have a deep feeling, that you have might,
Not have been doing something that was right.
Why on earth did you come so very late?
Why did you creep slowly through the gate?
What is the secret that you are trying hide?
What are the things that you are holding inside?

My love, where did you go last night?
I searched but you were no where in sight.
Where was the party? How was the ride?
Why wasn't I invited, to be by your side?

My love, where did you go last night?
Why did you get up and leave me behind?
My bed was half empty as I wondered why,
My loving wife had just wondered on by.

What is keeping you so busy,
That you do not even miss me?
Did you find somebody better,
Does he have hotter weather?
You can go off with him if you like,
You broke my heart so take a hike.
Were you ever really in love?
Did I not satisfy you enough?

Please tell me, where were you last night,
When I wanted to grab you and hug you very tight?
You were not around, no where to be found,
You were not around, to receive my loving light.

My love, where did you go last night?
Why did you get up and leave me behind?
My bed was half empty as I wondered why,
My loving wife had just wondered on by.

Where Did You Go Last Night!?



Poet Bio   
  
Born and raised in New York City music and sports was always a main thing for the youth of his time. Learning about music while also engaging in martial arts activities at a young age is not at all an easy task for anyone to go through with. Jeffrey Gonell has excelled in many different genres of art including Hiphop, book writing, and music production while working as a full time personal trainer, mainly as a Taekwondo and Pilates instructor. Life is but a thought in our creator's mind, a thought that Jeffrey Gonell wishes to grasp and express.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

A Character Interview with Dillon from MOUNTAIN BLAZE, plus a conversation with author Debby Grahl!

Today we're bringing something different to Writing in the Modern Age in the form of a character interview. These character interviews, ...