Liebster Award Nomination
Thank you, Haven Malone, for nominating Writing in the Modern Age!
I am pleased to announce that we have won an award for this blog. After receiving the Liebster Award, Haven Malone of Musings of A Writer passed it onto us. This award is normally given to bloggers by other bloggers, and we are honored to be part of this tradition. To learn more about the Liebster Award, check out this post by Lorraine Reguly.
1. Link back and thank the blogger who nominated you in your post.
2. List 11 facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
4. Pick 5 - 10 new bloggers (must have less than 300 followers) to nominate and ask them 11 new questions. Do not re-nominate the blogger that nominated you.
5. Go to each new blogger’s site and inform them of their nomination.
Wow, okay! I don't often blog on my own on Writing in the Modern Age. I have two other blogs for that purpose, Marie Lavender's Books! and I Love Romance Blog. But, I'll give it a shot. :)
11 Random Facts about Myself
1. I used to be rather shy.
2. I love gel pens.
3. I love all animals and I don't understand animal abuse.
4. I love dark chocolate.
5. I have green eyes.
6. My night vision is pretty good.
7. I write a lot of suspense in my books.
8. Someday, I think I would like to start my own publishing company.
9. I am only 5'4", but I am in denial so I usually say 5'5" on most forms. LOL.
10. I love historical romance and paranormal romance.
11. My favorite bands are OneRepublic, Fireflight and Paramore.
Questions Asked by Haven
1. Name three secrets that you never told anyone.
1) There are a lot of fruits I don't like, but I will eat them if I have to.
2) I sing in the shower.
3) I messed up a solo one time because I forgot the words so I sang the first verse over again. LOL.
2. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would do?
1) I would pay off my bills. 2) I would help my family with theirs too.
3. Looking over the last ten years, what is one goal you have achieved and one that you have not achieved?
Well, I have definitely been published. I can say that. The other is really close to my heart. I am not married yet, but I plan to be very soon.
4. What are your plans for retirement? And will you travel, if so where and why?
Retirement? I don't think a writer can actually retire. I think for me, that would be a nightmare. But, traveling? I would do that in a heartbeat. I have always wanted to go to Ireland. There is something so beautiful about that place, and I have some Irish roots as well as some other stuff mixed in. LOL.
5. Favorite drink on a Friday night?
Well, I don't drink alcohol, but I love chocolate shakes!
6. What do you think the secret is to a good marriage or relationship with a significant other is?
I think honesty and patience are paramount. Without honesty, you don't have a foundation. Without patience, you're going to have a lot of unnecessary conflict. You won't always agree with your partner on everything, but patience is the key to understanding your significant other. Plus, we're all human. We make mistakes. Don't be afraid to admit it.
7. Name three words that describe your personality.
Stubborn, honest and easily hurt.
8. Home-cooked meal or take-out?
Both. It really depends on my mood and how much time I have. I prefer take-out if I can't stop and make anything. But, cooking a meal helps me de-stress and it always nice to sit down with my fiance and have a nice meal together.
9. When was the last time you blogged and what was the topic?
My last official blog post on Marie Lavender's Books! was about Twitter, and the best ways to use it in order to gain followers and market your books.
10. What do you think the key is to happiness?
I think the key to happiness is to try to keep the pressure in your life down. Be kind to yourself. Take a break when you can, and don't be so hard on yourself if something doesn't work out right. How many tries did it take Thomas Edison to figure out the light bulb? A thousand? When asked about it, he said, "It just meant that I was that many times closer to success." We should all be so patient.
11. Who is your favorite poet and why?
As for my favorite poet, that is tough. I think it is a cross between T.S. Eliot and Max Ehrmann. Although, I think they still can't decide if "Desiderata" is a poem or a short essay. In any case, those are some very wise words .
My Liebster Nominations
In keeping with our theme, I have decided to nominate some of our Writing in the Modern Age authors' blogs:
1. K.C. Sprayberry - http://outofcontrolcharacters.blogspot.com/
2. KateMarie Collins - http://katemariecollins.wordpress.com/
3. CJ Heck - http://knowingwhispers.blogspot.com/
4. T.J. Banks - http://www.tjbanks927.blogspot.com/
5. Robin Leigh Morgan - http://www.mypennameonly.blogspot.com/
6. Robert Fanshaw - http://fanshawrobert.blogspot.co.uk/
7. Penny Estelle - http://pennyestelle.blogspot.com/
8. Lance Sheridan - http://darkroastedpoetry.wordpress.com/
9. Shannon MacLeod - http://themacleod.wordpress.com/
10. Devika Fernando - http://www.devikafernando.com/blog.html